SNOA Stock: Key Takeaways
- Sonoma Pharmaceuticals launches two new dental products in the U.S. and Switzerland.
- SNOA stock more than doubles early in the session.
- The new products expand Sonoma’s line of stabilized hypochlorous acid products.
Sonoma Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: SNOA) more than doubled in today’s session after announcing an expansion of its dental care line.
SNOA stock surged 130% in early trade with shares trading more than 80% higher at writing.
The jump comes after Sonoma announced it launched two new dental products today.
Dental Hygiene Rally
The new products include an oral hygiene rinse and mouth spray.
The rinse was formulated by dentists using Sonoma’s patented Microcyn technology to cleanse teeth, gums, and mouth.
It’s meant to be used as part of a daily oral hygiene regimen to freshen breath and cleanse the mouth.
Dentists and healthcare providers can purchase the rinse directly from Sonoma to then sell to patients.
Dr. Mark Fontenot, managing member at Gabriel Science, LLC, said, “We believe the OroGenix Oral Hygiene Rinse and the Microcyn family of hypochlorous acid products will help dentists and their patients achieve healthy gums, teeth, and oral cavity.”
That product is a spray to treat infections and inflammation in the mouth and throat and reduce pain and coughing.
Edgar Sommer, General Manager at Medical System Solutions, said, “Microdacyn60 Oral Care offers a superior alternative for oral and throat care. Not only in dentistry, but also in general oral and pharyngeal care such as intubated patients, we see the great benefits of Microdacyn60 Oral Care as an alternative for widely used chlorhexidine-based products.”
Sonoma’s COO Bruce Thornton said, “Gabriel Science and Medical System Solutions are ideal partners for advancing our dental and oral care line of products. Our proprietary Microcyn technology is truly the next-generation formulation in terms of superior antimicrobial impact, shelf stability, and safety.”
Need to Know About SNOA Stock
- Sonoma Pharmaceuticals was founded in 1999 and is located in Woodstock, GA.
- The company was previously known as Micromed Laboratories and later Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc.
- Sonoma says it’s a global healthcare leader for developing and producing stabilized hypochlorous acid products for wound care, animal health care, eye care, nasal care, oral care, disinfectant use, and dermatological conditions.
- Its products are sold in 54 countries worldwide.
- The company went public as Oculus Innovative Sciences in 2007 at $8 per share.
- SNOA stock closed at $5.41 per share on Wednesday.
- The stock opened at $11.09 per share today and hit a session high of $13.36 per share.
- The company’s market cap is more than $11 million.
Featured cover image credit: Andrey_Popov/Shutterstock.com