- Biotech releases new data on COVID antibody treatment…
- Scientific paper details how antibody cocktail was developed…
- Treatment looks to be effective against future variants…
Another biotech is cashing in on COVID, sending shares of ImmunoPrecise Antibodies Ltd. (NASDAQ: IPA) soaring.
IPA stock popped as much as 186% in today’s session and at writing, shares were still up 120%.
The run comes after ImmunoPrecise announced new clinical results that show its antibody cocktail, TATX-03 PolyTope Therapy, is effective against the Delta variant.
The company said the treatment has so far been effective against every variant of COVID-19.
IPA said the data “supports the Company’s expectation that rationally designed multi-membered antibody cocktails are more sustainable, e.g. will be functionally less prone to escape-by-one mutations.”
Dr. Ilse Roodink, IPA’s Chief Scientific Officer and Global Program Director for COVID Research, said, “The data from IPA’s screenings on the variants of concern speak to the importance of targeting diversified epitopes on the spike trimer for treatment sustainability and resilience of our PolyTope cocktail.”
“Our TATX-03 cocktail is rationally designed for broad epitope coverage relying on multiple antibodies, which have shown in pre-clinical studies to work synergistically together, to reduce the risk of mutagenic escape, and have the potential to reduce the risk of new variants. We believe this strategy of multi-antibody cocktails is more crucial now with the surge of new variants of concern and breakthrough cases.
The company published a scientific paper which “describes the Company’s approach to designing TATX-03, including the extensive characterization studies and in vivo efficacy trials which supported the rational design of the antibody cocktail, and which demonstrates sustained pre-clinical efficacy to emerging variants of concern.”
Putting IPA Stock Under the Microscope
- ImmunoPrecise Antibodies was founded in 1983.
- The company’s headquarters are located in Fargo, ND.
- IPA began trading on the Nasdaq in December 2020.
- IPA stock closed at $5.59 per share Wednesday.
- Trading volume surged to more than 86 million shares today.
- ImmunoPrecise says they “deliver elusive antibodies in a short period of time, with high probability of succeeding to clinical trials.”
- The company is “a full-service, therapeutic antibody discovery company offering species agnostic advancements.”
- IPA says it is “focused on the next generation of antibody discovery, to deliver therapeutically relevant antibodies, in a short period of time, with high probability of succeeding to clinical trials.”
- The company has over 30 years of experience in the custom antibody business and has completed roughly 4,000 projects for hundreds of clients across the globe.
- IPA says its “discovery and development are conducted in Utrecht and Oss, the Netherlands (IPA Europe), and Victoria, British Columbia (IPA Canada).”
Featured cover image credit: angellodeco/Shutterstock.com